Thursday 29 October 2009

We Will Rock You

Himself and I celebrated our thirty first wedding anniversary yesterday and so we went to that there Lunnon.We went off to the British Museum first, but I'll tell you about that in another post. We also had tickets to go and see 'We Will Rock You'. We came out of the tube on to Tottenham Court Road and thought we were going to struggle to find the Dominion Theatre, but it's right opposite - huzzah:-)The show was really enjoyable. I must admit, I didn't think I was going to enjoy it as much as I did, and certainly not as much as 'Himself'(who loves Queen music) I mean I am fond of Queen songs, but not that fond if you know what I mean. However, I was pleasantly surprised at just how good the show was. Very British though, we had some Americans sitting nearby (the UK is very good for them, financially right now) and they seemed a bit baffled by all the audience participation, slang and way of speaking we take for granted. I think they enjoyed it though. Sadly no photos were allowed inside and we were too cheap to buy a programme (experience has taught us that we read it in the theatre and maybe have a look at it again once we get home and then it just gets shoved somewhere gathering dust). so not much to show you of the inside. There were lots of Freddie Mercury/Queen photos and explanations inside the theatre and it was very interesting looking at all those before the show started.

No comments:

Post a Comment