Saturday 20 June 2009

Let there be light...

The vintage mini 'bag' chandelier in our bedroom. A compromise, as Himself looked at me in horror when I suggested a chandelier, I also vaguely remember the words "over my dead body" being mentioned, but that could be my imagination....I showed him this one on E-bay and since he didn't object, I bid for it and was thrilled to get it. All the metal was originally a very brassy gold, so I carefully undid the crystals and painted all the metal silver. I think it looks much better now.

The star lantern in my sewing room - I love this little lantern so much - we had a HUGE one hanging over the stairwell in our last house and I so regretted leaving it behind, even though there would be nowhere to put it in this house without causing serious injury. So I was thrilled to find this one last weekend. It'll be easier to clean than our last big one too, as I can reach up on tip toes and dust this one - see, there had to be something good about having 8ft ceilings!

S'cuse the rather ummm 'lively' ceilings. We've had all the downstairs ceiling replastered to be nice and flat, but couldn't afford to 'do' upstairs too - but it is my wish to get rid of the Artex in our bedroom at some stage. Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment