Tuesday 15 December 2009

Christmas tree skirt, nearly finished

I got the original idea for my tree skirt from the Moda Bakehouse blogbut I needed mine to be much bigger - which is why my maths is all over the place (that and the fact that I'm just rubbish at it). As it turns out, now the skirt too big, plus I don't like the way that the stripes have worked out....
I've really enjoyed quilting this though. Started out with doing a squiggle design on the first white stripe, then stopped myself and thought I might as well practice those free hand feathers again - I'm loving the design. So I chopped off the outer stripe and made it part of the outside edge binding. Just the ties and binding the 'neck' to do and then it's finished. Just as well our decorations aren't up yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment