I was lucky enough to be given a fabulous set of of hand dyed fat quarters quite a while ago and I've been hording them ever since, almost scared of cutting into them - what if I spoil the fabrics? Ah, what the heck, I decided, if I don't use them, I'll never know - so I put some together to see how they looked...... Mmmmm, quite nice. Then it was back to EQ6 to design some blocks that wouldn't use more than a fat quarter. I wanted something fairly simple that I could do lots of machine quilting on. Practice, practice, practice and all that!
I starched the fabrics and then decided that with the turquoise included it looked a bit 'South Western' (USA), hmm, not the look I wanted at all. So put that colour aside, figuring I could always come back to it if I felt the quilt needed it. I cut and sewed the blocks together and then had another look - crikey, it was getting huge.I then changed direction slightly and found a rather lovely lime green, which preferred to the red, which looked great on EQ6 (truth is, I hadn't chosen the colour of the real fabric exactly), so in real life I didn't like it. The green strips are a quarter of an inch wide and applique on each block by machine. The white sashing between the blocks is to be sewn on next......
DIY: No Sew Curtains and Pillow Covers
2 hours ago