Thursday 22 December 2011

I've Felt all Christmassy!

No patchwork or quilting:-( but I have been making good use of a vintage pure wool cream blanket I bought ages ago on E-Bay. I had a little stash of felt from years ago but pretty limited colours so went to HobbyCraft looking for more  - crikey isn't 'modern' felt skimpy stuff? I was rather disappointed - so only bought a couple of sheets, my favourite being a blue polka dot felt - I should have got more. Still - E-bay to the rescue with some lovely colours and a high wool content from The Felt Fairy - delivery was super fast, just what I like. Shame the Felt Fairy is now away until Jan 2nd (must be giving Father Christmas a hand eh?!) As I would like to order some more colours, guess I'll have to wait a couple of weeks...

Snowmen Christmas ornaments, which should be winging their way to various friends:
Three snowmen for Chic Girls very stylish black Christmas tree:

Felt stars for my Sil, using some of her Mothers vintage buttons:
 On the reverse of the stars, I stitched some circles to add a bit of interest.
A pale blue and MOP button star:

And of course a photo of Miss E on her little tumbler block quilt:


11 comments:

  1. Lovely ornaments. I quite agree about the felt, awful stuff these days (I remember when...!) I think it should be compulsory for grandmas to include photos of grandchildren in every post! I can't believe how much she's grown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Hasn't she grown! What a cutie!
    I love the snowmen by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kandy the ornaments are wonderful!!!!

    Hope you and your family have a very Happy Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, but why did you Velcro E to the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Emmeline has grown so quickly. She's absolutely gorgeous!!! (And I do love the ornaments.) Hope you've had a wonderful Christmas this year with your grandchild, I know we felt it a very special time and next year will be even more fun when she's toddling about (pulling the decorations off the tree;D LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all - Yes Miss E has grown quite a bit -although I think her outfit makes her look far more grown up than she is really. The growing is down to all that good stuff she gets from Chic Girl who is turning out to be a fantastic Mama. I'm so proud of her.

    Tch 'Carlos' she's YOUR Daughter so you know just how much Miss E likes to be entertained - so one does what one must! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely ornaments, and lovely quilting behind them as a background.....!and of course a lovely Grandaughter! perhaps I should find a wider vocab in 2012? but only if things stop being lovely....
    Happy New Year, Kandy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilts/crafts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world!
    www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just come across your blog. Great Christmas decorations....now I am going to explore your blog a little more :)

    ReplyDelete